Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Coalition

I'm blogging this in an apartment on the bank of the Vltava river in the Czech Republic. Since 4th May I've been following events by occasional visits to internet cafés, from which I understand that there is rumoured to be rank and file dissent with the coalition. Well, this rank and file member is far from dissenting, in fact I'm mildly ecstatic about it.

It helps that I am not opposed to nuclear power, since I recognise that it is necessary to combat global warming and provide fuel security for the UK. This was the one big issue that troubled me about LD policy, so I'm not sorry we've had to compromise.

I'm also rather sorry that we've won on fixed term parliaments, because I'm not convinced that the benefits of this reform outweighs the negatives.

And whoopee, at long last I might get some compensation for my Equitable Life policy!

No comments: